Welcome

Subvert the dominant paradigm. Save the world!

Moderator:Bob

Bob
Welcome

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 15, 2000 6:36 pm

Biorealis Systems has developed and tested (or is developing) a variety of 'eco-products', including a batch feed composting toilet, an anaerobic methane digester, and a wastewater treatment biofilter. Each is described elsewhere on this site. Primary design criteria for each of these products include minimum cost, minimum energy use, ease of maintenance, and most importantly, that they be able to be built in small local shops without requiring sophisticated tools or skills.

As they are developed, we intend to put these inventions into the public domain, and to provide: (1) complete, detailed "how-to-build" information, (2) consulting services and technical support required to set up and operate small local manufacturing facilities, (3) individual system components, (4) complete kits, and/or (5) fully assembled units ready to install - effectively covering all bases.

As part of this effort, we hope to grow a database of useful information freely accessible to anyone interested in increasing their own local self-reliance. (And together, maybe, improving the world...)

More...

This Forum is a start. A place to ask and answer questions, share experiences.

Thumper/inOKC

Hello Bob and everyone else out there

Post by Thumper/inOKC » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:42 pm

I was wondering if there are printed copies of the house plans and other info on the site that I could take to a local architect to adapt to our central Oklahoma climate and our desire for an underground dwelling.

Under ground houses are not so strange here a'bouts,{really just earth bermed} but composting toilets and grey water recycling? :o Well now, thats going to far.... :roll:

We have been on our farm now for 2 years and have used a sawdust toilet from the very 1st get up and go. I am looking forward to building our dream home and Bobs trail blazing with his bioshelter home will make it much easyer to "get through" the local BS.

Thanks again for this site Bob,
Thumper/inOkla ....aka Thumper/inOKC, still me, we moved!

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:33 pm

I was wondering if there are printed copies of the house plans and other info on the site that I could take to a local architect to adapt to our central Oklahoma climate and our desire for an underground dwelling.
I have a couple of articles about the house, dated 1985 and 1989, respectively, which I could send you reprints of.

I do also have the original construction drawings for the bioshelter, but they are so specific to this particular site and climate, that I don't know how useful they'd be as a starting place to adapt from, for a completely different site and climate. The concepts certainly would be, but not (necessarily) the details.

That said, I would be interested in collaborating with your local architect to design a system optimized for your location.

Thumper/inOKC

Post by Thumper/inOKC » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:56 pm

Do I have to use snail mail to order them? and I missed the cost, so how much and can I use a credit card?

We are still some years off from starting the house, the concepts I have a good grip on, but the details boggle my brain. I will be happy to get the reprints of the articles. My husband needs to read them himself to understand the house, he takes my word for alot, but for paying someone to design our retirement home, I'll need him to really understand so I don't have to listen to, "just do it anyway you want" that goes over so well with professonals that don't think it's a good idea to reuse you grey water, esp. in the house itself.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:43 pm

Email sent

:-)