Materials List For Anaerobic Digester

Digester design and construction info

Moderator:Bob

helenasophia
Materials List For Anaerobic Digester

Post by helenasophia » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Aloha!
Is it in any way possible to get a materials list for the required parts to build the anaerobic digester? The construction drawing and the accommodating images are very helpful, yet it would be absolutely awesome to have a parts list to go to the local hardware store to get all the required materials. Here on the Big Island of Hawai'i we have all what we need to have year round anaerobic digestion, yet I am always looked at with suspicion and disbelief when I recommend the use of biogas digesters.
Secondly, how difficult would it be to convert the 'One-Barrel-Two-Tanks' system into a 'Two-Barrel-Two-Tanks' version? My concerns are mostly the effluent flow and respective post processing of residual energy/biogas.
Since there is a growing demand in simple digester solutions I started 'Puna Biogas' a company dedicated to educate people about the advantages of decentralized energy extraction. Hawai'i is depending on diesel fuel and propane to provide electricity and gas for cooking, water heating and refrigeration in areas outside the conventional power grid.
Finally a big Thank You/Mahalo Nui for Your great pioneering work. We are looking forward to install the first large scale digester here in the Lava Flow Zone of Kalapana. No heating element required! :wink:

Bob

Re: Materials List For Anaerobic Digester

Post by Bob » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Aloha, helenasophia,

Did you see the links at the bottom of this page? The one labeled Construction will take you to a drawing that has parts called out on it -- as well as construction photos.

That said, however, I have moved beyond the design described here. After building it and using it for a few years, I discovered some of its shortcomings, and have come up with what I believe to be a better (both simpler to build *and* more efficient) design. But so far it is only on paper, waiting for time & money to build a working prototype for testing.

(I know your part of the world & love it. Have been to the Big Island many times, but the last time was a number of years ago...)

helenasophia

Re: Materials List For Anaerobic Digester

Post by helenasophia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Mahalo Bob And Mele Kalikimaka!
You will certainly receive a blueprint of My updated Biogas Digester
version. Due to go online around Mid January.
You should refresh Your memories and come back to the Big Island
for a visit. You'll Be able to check out Puna Biogas...

Aloha Nui!

Helena-Sophia :D