Single Farm Use in UK, any chance of economical feasibility?

Digester design and construction info

Moderator:Bob

TechInnovBirminghamUK
Single Farm Use in UK, any chance of economical feasibility?

Post by TechInnovBirminghamUK » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Hy all, I am trying to find THE way of either modifying the AD techniques so we can build cheaper and more efficient Digesters or Biomass plants altogether, or.. maybe you can help me out here.

There must be a way, simple flexible and suited to the needs of farmers to build plants on an ecnomically sensible way.

Any ideas?

The Uk legislation makes it hard so far if not impossible at this point in time. Anyone disagree?

I am open for suggestions/remedies.

Flo

TechInnovBirminghamUK

IntendedUse is to create electricity from it aswell

Post by TechInnovBirminghamUK » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:54 pm

In order to make this thing work it should look like a CHP plant, creating enough electricty tp reduce energy dependency and reduce the carbon footprint.. sorry if i am being vague..

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:40 pm

Hi Flo,

I sounds as if you see the primary obstacles to economic feasibility as regulatory or bureaucratic, rather than technical.

I think that Les Gornall, of Practically Green Environmental Services may be a good resource. He could certainly address the technical issues applicable to your part of the world, and probably the regulatory ones as well.

Here at Biorealis Systems, we are focused more on smaller, do-it-yourself systems suitable for "homesteads", just a few animals, rather than farms with many animals.

Good luck!