BIOGAS PLANT INFO

Digester design and construction info

Moderator:Bob

fernandosev
BIOGAS PLANT INFO

Post by fernandosev » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:53 am

Hi, my name is Fernando Sevilla, im interested in the prices and specifications to install a biogas plant using the liquid manure from a 480 cows dairy farm, in the county of Durham, England. The substrate produced here is around: 9,636 tons/year of liquid manure (26.4 m3/day). With a Dry Matter content of: 8%. I want to use the energy produced to provide the farm with electricity and hot water.

I also have a doubt about the heat exchangers used for digesters. I was checking a CHP system, and my calculations were giving me a hot water at 80°C, but Im not sure wether I can use this water at that temperature to heat the substrate by directly circulating this water inside the digester because the temperature in the piping system will be too high and will be killing all the bacteria inside considering mesophylic condition for the digester.

Thanks for your attention, I will be waiting for your response.

Fernando Sevilla
my mail is: fernandosev@gmail.com

Bob

Re: BIOGAS PLANT INFO

Post by Bob » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:46 am

Hola Fernando,

Are you familiar with the USEPA's Agstar program? They have some design software and a comprehensive handbook free for downloading, that may fit your application better than my smaller scale stuff.

http://www.epa.gov/agstar/resources.html