human waste degester

Digester design and construction info

Moderator:Bob

haitischool
human waste degester

Post by haitischool » Tue May 13, 2008 7:54 pm

I would like to build a human waste degasser. I am looking for a design that wont require children having to mix waste to a 50 50 mix of water to waste. School is in a remote part of haiti. There are no cattle to get waste from. Will hook methane up to a backup generater for a solar panel and storage batteries. So Generater won't have to run much nor very often. I know theflush water makes it not possible. But I was thinking of preheating the water in the flush tanks via solar water heater. Do you know of a design that already exist or who I might be able to contact. I am wanting a continuous design that would be able to separate the water close to the 50/50 mix. I have gotten several e-mails from other schools in Africa that are also wanting the same. My school is 250 students.
Lou

Bob

Re: human waste degester

Post by Bob » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 am

Hi Lou,

Do you have a working budget? There are many possible designs, ranging from some that are very low cost, but which are also more difficult to operate and maintain, to others that will perform better, be more highly automated, and/or be easier to maintain and operate.