design of digestor for greenhouse

Digester design and construction info

Moderator:Bob

pj40
design of digestor for greenhouse

Post by pj40 » Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:11 am

Hello

I would like to know the practicality of developing a digester that would operate a boiler system for subfloor heating of a large greenhouse. I have an endless supply of grass clippings and yard waste as a primary biosolid. We currently operate an ammended collection service during none munipality collection times resulting in literally tons of yard waste weekly. Currently all biosolids are composted. I've considered basic design of large tube bladders made of rubber roofing membrane though your design is much suitable and not to mention more efficient. Large gas bladders still could be constructed with this in mind. Also the future of utilization of a fuel cell to produce electricity is an interest mine. I understand GMC has created a commercial fuel cell. I was wondering what the practicality of using the end gas mixture in a fuel cell would be?

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:27 pm

Right off the top, that sounds like a very practical idea. Of course the devil is in the details.

With regard to burning the gas in fuel cells, I don't know. Last I checked, the only commercially available unit for natural gas cost about $1M, and I don't know what scrubbing it would need.