Kitchen Wate to Methane

Digester design and construction info

Moderator:Bob

nareshr
Kitchen Wate to Methane

Post by nareshr » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:42 pm

I am looking for technology that has been already implemented world over to convert kitchen and food waste to methane effeciently on a l;arge scale.Please let me know who to contact and whether there are any large projects I can visit.

kjankows

AD technology

Post by kjankows » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi nareshr,

What you are looking for you aren't going to find in the USA. The actual anaerobic digestion technology that you are looking for can be found in the netherlands and germany (to name a few...) as well as their large scale facilities. Make sure though you also research gas handling technology in the USA since we have different standards. There are some of the same technologies in the USA, but they aren't digesting food scraps, so you have to know what you are looking for.

BUT! What you can also look for in the USA is the process equipment leading up to the AD, and for that kind of stuff I suggest researching source sorted and mixed waste composting facilities. Here you will find plenty of examples of machines and people sorting the organics from the inorganic trash, and prepping the stuff to be compost. Insert your AD system inbetween sort and compost and there you go! I believe San Fran has a good example that is pretty well documented.

Also check out the magazine "Biocycle", they provide good sources for equipment manufacturers.

What do you want the technology for? I am assuming you have a plan to implement a system in a city. What city?

kjankows

nareshr

AD technology

Post by nareshr » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Kjankows,
Thanks for you reply.I live in India and the city is Chennai.I am proposing to build and operate a plant outside the city to digest kitchen waste from the hotels and chain restraunts to produce biogas of acceptable methane content for cooking.The average food waste would be around 15 to 20 tonnes per day.This would be replicated in all metros across India.The cost per kilogram of LPG in India is USD 1.60 .It is expected to be hiked sharply in the forthcoming budget.If you give me you skype id I can hook up and we can chat.
Cheers
Naresh

srinivaskasulla

Re: Kitchen Wate to Methane

Post by srinivaskasulla » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Dear MR Nareshr,
Thats really interesting about the plant of tht scale coming up in India at Chennai,
Am srinivas Kasulla and into biogas plant installations in INDIA, would like to know
something more about whether u have already installed or still looking forward
for someone to install that plant.
Let me introduce myself am into Biogas Installations in INDIA and have installed
quite a few plants in INDIA on different kinds of feed.
I do have a great Business model where we I have investers who are ready to
invest in a 50 tons per day plant.
If you really intrested then do let me know we can do something better to our
society.
Keep in touch
Srinivas Kasulla
srinivaskasulla@gmail.com